Service & Info
The most beautiful barbecue areas in Berlin are located on Tempelhofer Feld. You can grill your own food on a total of three barbecue areas on Tempelhofer Feld.
Barbecuing is only permitted in the three designated areas. The locations are each near the entrances Tempelhofer Damm, Oderstraße and Columbiadamm. You can find the exact locations in our park map.
You must bring your own barbecues and they must be at least 25 cm high so as not to damage the turf. Footless disposable barbecues and gas-powered barbecues are not permitted.
Barbecue rules at a glance
- Barbecuing on the Tempelhofer Feld is only permitted in the three barbecue areas.
- Open fires (on the ground) are not permitted.
- Ground barbecues are prohibited. The legs of the barbecue must be at least 25 cm long (distance barbecue floor - grass surface) in order not to burn the grass cover.
- Gas barbecues are forbidden for safety reasons.
- No branches, twigs or wood debris may be used for barbecuing.
- Disposing of hot ashes or coal in rubbish containers is strictly forbidden (fire hazard!). Ash containers made of metal are available for this purpose.
- Tampering with the ground (pegs, tent pegs etc.) to anchor tents etc. is forbidden for safety reasons. Please use e.g. water canisters or similar.
- It is best to take rubbish back with you. Otherwise, please dispose of it in the rubbish containers provided.
- Please be considerate of other visitors in your neighbourhood (no loud music, no disturbance by sports activities, etc.).